Ten Powerful Sales QuestionsPosted on 08/08/2017 in Selling Skills
Every sales professional should be prepared with a powerful collection of questions. Powerful questions help you gather information, qualify opportunities, and establish commitment.
Top Ten Powerful Sales Questions
- What are your expectations for our meeting today?
- Has anything changed since we last talked?
- What is the most important priority with this?
- What concerns do you have?
- What challenges have you had with suppliers in the past?
- What is your timeline for this decision?
- What do you see as a next step in the process?
- Who else is involved in the process and decision-making?
- What other items should we discuss?
- What questions do you have for me?
Notice that these questions fall into three categories; information (fact-finding), opportunity (pain/gain) and commitment (next steps). It helps to understand these three categories so that you make a point to plan to ask all three types of questions. Plan your questions before sales calls and be careful not to ask too many information questions!
Remember how important it is to actually wait for an answer and really listen! Asking powerful questions and really listening to your customer will help you build the relationship, establish rapport, and move the sales process forward.
For more information on our online products visit Essential Selling Skills 12-part series, Module 6 on Questioning Skills, Questioning Skills Sales Meeting Kit.